Monday 25 June 2007

Smokefree England!!

Starting from 1 July 2007, England is banning everyone from smoking in public places. For more detailed information, you could read here. Hooray...!! Finally, England is following Scotland, Wales and Ireland footsteps. Phew...o^_^o. So, watch out smokers if you're caught smoking in a banned area you could be fined £50. You wouldn't want that would you?

I'm not a smoker, but can I call myself a non-smoker? I hope I can. Naahh..I don't think so because some how or rather you are exposed to the smoke from a burning cigarette, pipe or cigar plus to add pain in a butt you are also inhaling the smoke exhaled by a smoker..errgh..euww... Cruel isn't it but I just hate the smell, smoke or anything associated with it. Not to mentioned, the risks they put upon us. Of course I do have relatives and friends that smoke but so long so they don't smoke near me (I won't be near them either) I wouldn't mind.

Usually, I would cover my mouth and nose with my hand if there is any smoker nearby. When I was younger, I always thought that it would be rude if I cover my mouth and nose when someone smoke..hehe I don't know why..?!! Somehow, I feel they would feel offended. Quirky...isn't it..haha..then again that's how I felt... NOW?!! Huh..NO WAY!! I'm the one who should be offended because they are putting MY health at risks. It's not good you know..itchy eyes, sore throat, possibly cancer (Nauzubillah, God forbid).

Well I do hope this newly impose law would slowly stop people from smoking. I know nothing about smoking addiction so I won't go into that... But, I do hope my dear relatives and friends would take care of their own health and their love ones. God only gives you one chance to live, so live life healthily.




Huff puff..huff puff...
Eerkk..what's that smell...
Huff puff..huff puff...
Eerkk..I've got itchy eyes...
Huff puff..huff puff...
Just go away...
Don't want to be part of it...
Owh..it's a dreadful tune...

No comments: